Tuesday, September 14th
Register To Attend!
- By Tuesday, Aug 31 if you need a Ft. Myer Entry Pass (see below); or
- By Tuesday, Sep 7 if you don't need a pass
Everything's a "go" for holding our first monthly meeting on Tuesday, September 14, 7:00pm at Ft. Myer's Patton Hall (same location as always; formerly known as the Officers Club). We're scheduled to meet in the Ballroom (not the usual Abrams/Chaffee rooms). With the exception of our hugely successful picnic in June, this will be our first opportunity to get together since January 2020.
Most of the evening will be dedicated to a review of our upcoming trips. We still have room on many, but they are filling up fast. Our trip leaders will be available to answer your questions. Visit our Trips Page to see what's on our schedule.
Our complimentary menu will feature a Roasted Beef Tenderloin, a Honey Glazed Ham, a Pasta Station, a tossed Caesar Salad, a mixed green salad, a fruit tray, and tea cookies. A cash bar will be available for the drinks of your choice.
As we did with the picnic, we're asking everyone to register for the meeting. We're not sure if this will be the new norm, but we're invoking this requirement for the September meeting. This will allow us to adjust the catering, and will let us create a list of those wishing to apply for a long-term Ft. Myer Visitor Pass (see below).
Bringing a Guest?
If you plan to come to the meeting with someone else, there are two ways to let us know:
- If your companion is a club member in their own right, they can log in with their credentials and register for the meeting much as they would do if signing up for a trip.
- Whether your companion is a club member or not, you can simply include them in your own meeting registration by clicking on the Add guest button before submitting your registration.
It's uncertain whether Ft. Myer will have a mandate in effect, but common sense and the current Covid environment suggest that you should come prepared to mask-up indoors, in case it's necessary.
If Your Plans Change
If your plans change and you can no longer attend, please let us know (ideally by Tuesday, Sept 7) so we can adjust our catering order. You may do this by:
- Calling (703-862-6535) or emailing Steve Thompson
- Calling (301-579-2749) or emailing Dave Olsen
- Cancelling your registration yourself:
- log into your account
- click on your name at the top
- click on My Event Registrations
- click on your meeting registration
- click on the Already registered link
- click on the Cancel registration button
Entry to Ft. Myer
Please take a moment to review our Entry to Ft. Myer page. There are several ways you'll be allowed to enter:
- Passengers: Firstly, be aware that drivers won't necessarily be allowed to vouch for their passengers. Although a photo ID like a driver's license might sometimes be accepted, passengers without an Automated Installation Entry (AIE) Pass (see below) or one of the other types of ID mentioned below might need to complete a Installation Access Request Form and pass the vetting process to enter the base.
- With Suitable ID: If you have an active duty or retired military ID, or a DoD-issued Common Access Card (CAC) (and possibly several other types of government-issued ID), you should be able to enter the base without screening.
- Without a Pass: If you arrive for a club meeting outside of Visitor Control Center (VCC) hours (see below) and without suitable ID, your vehicle will be searched and you'll need to be vetted through their security system before being allowed entry. This may take some time, so we suggest that you arrive at the base early.
- One-Day Pass: You can apply for a one-day pass online at this website (click on the link). You can then show the pass on your phone to gain entry. However, application must be submitted at least four days in advance of your visit. The process time may depend on your footprint in various online systems, and you may need to go to the VCC to have your photo taken. That said, your application might be approved almost instantaneously if you've previously been approved for an AIE Pass.
- 60-Day Pass: You may apply for a 60-day pass at the Visitor Control Center, located just inside the main gate. The VCC is open 6am-5pm Mon-Fri and 10am-3pm Saturdays. You should be able to obtain a 60-day Automated Installation Entry (AIE) Pass right on the spot.
You will need to complete an access application and be vetted through their security system. To help speed the process, we suggest that you complete the Fort Myer Installation Access Request Form ahead of your visit and bring it with you.
- Long-Term/Annual Pass: With sponsorship by Patton Hall, you may be able to get an AIE Pass good for as long as a year. Here's how it should work:
- Register for the meeting by Tuesday August 31, and indicate your desire to obtain a long-term pass.
- We'll then ask our contact at Patton Hall to sponsor you for a pass.
- We'll send you an email confirming that your name has been forwarded, and that you can go to the VCC to apply for your pass.
- Go to Ft. Myer during normal VCC hours (above) sometime before the meeting.
- We suggest you go to the VCC well before the Sept 14 meeting to avoid slamming them that afternoon.
- When you arrive at the VCC, tell them that you're part of the Pentagon Ski Club group that is being sponsored by Ms. Hollo at Patton Hall. They have pre-printed the Installation Access Request Forms with Ms. Hollo's sponsorship. All you need do is present your driver's license and complete the form with your DOB and SSN.
- If the process works as we hope, and assuming you pass their vetting process, you should be able to get a year-long pass during your visit to the VCC.