Ski LinksSki Clubs & Councils, Tour Operators
Move United (nee Disabled Sports USA)
- Founded in 1967, Disabled Sports USA provides adaptive sports opportunities for people with disabilities to develop independence, confidence and fitness through sports. DS-USA serves more than 60,000 wounded warriors, youth and adults annually, making it one of the largest national multi-sport, multi-disability organizations in the United States.
In 2020, DS-USA combined with Adaptive Sports USA and is now known as Move United. It has 200 chapters across the US and is the largest organization in the country dealing with our disabled warfighters. Skiing is one of the most adaptive sports for the disabled, and we are the Pentagon Ski Club; the two go together.
Our club has supported the organization for many years (since 2005) with a charity drive each April at our end-of-the-season meeting. Individual donations are also accepted through their website.
PSC Logo Merchandise
- Jill's Designs
– Browse garments and view sample logo colors online, or see Jill at a
meeting to order custom embroidered fashions with the PSC logo.
Questions? Don’t want to wait for a meeting? Email Jill's Designs. [Update Nov 2021: We seem to have lost touch with Jill.]
- Here's the link to an article on the benefits of helmets in helping to prevent traumatic brain injuries.
Its focus is on bicycling, but it should be applicable to skiing:
- Snowboard How - A blog by Lorrraine Lam, a winter sports enthusiast whose lifelong passion is snowboarding. Includes 100+ articles about snowboard tips and guides that cater to all types of boarders. Lorraine also offers a newsletter with the latest snowboarding tips and news.
The Ski Girl
- The Ski Girl - "Help You Get Better at Skiing" - Includes skiing tips, gear reviews, and a blog. By Christine Wang, an Amazon Associate.
Ship Skis - Information was for 2019-20; hasn't been updated.
- Glade – Makes and sells goggles, sunglasses, and apparel. Their Pulsar goggles have interchangeable lenses
(all are polarized) which use a magnetic bond between the lens and frame. "You can swap between lenses in seconds." Asked about staying attached in a "yard sale" situation, they answered: We get this question a lot! This was something we tested endlessly. We ended up going with a design that has seriously robust magnets. It really takes a ton of force to knock them off. We're so confident in this that we have a lens replacement guarantee. We have yet to have any returns or issues due to the lens attachment system. The goggles are assembled in Colorado. Enter the discount code PENTAGONSKICLUB at checkout and you'll get 15% off anything you buy.
- Tognar Toolworks – Ski & snowboard wax, tuning tools, and ski repair supplies. Club members have reported satisfaction ordering from them.
Local Ski Shops
- Ship Skis is a door-to-door ski gear shipping company that picks up and ship skis, snowboards, and luggage to destinations worldwide. They provide real-time tracking, 24/7 customer service, and an on-time guarantee. Click the link to see their Ski Club Member Benefits flyer. The PSC's customized "landing page" includes a 10% discount from the standard rates. Click this link to see some sample rate quotes.
- We're providing a link to a number of local-area merchants. Some of these shops have supported club meetings or have received specific endorsements from club members who have enjoyed professional sales and service from them.
- Alpine Ski Shop – In Sterling and Fairfax, VA.
- Pro-Fit Ski & Mountain Sports in Leesburg, VA. Especially recommended for boot fitting. PSC members have dealt with the owners, Nancy and Brian Deely, for years. The shop has made presentations at several club meetings.
- Sun & Ski Sports (formerly Ski Chalet) – Locations in Falls Church, VA and Gaithersburg, MD (plus new location in Arundel Mills, MD, planning to open in Nov 2021). The shop has supported our club meetings.
- Ski Haus Sports Center – In Annapolis, MD, on the access road, north side of Route 50.