PSC Logo Merchandise
- Jill's Designs – Browse garments and view sample logo colors online, or see Jill at a meeting to order custom embroidered fashions with the PSC logo. Questions? Don’t want to wait for a meeting? Email Jill's Designs.
Disabled Sports USA
- Founded in 1967, Disabled Sports USA
provides adaptive sports opportunities for people with disabilities to
develop independence, confidence and fitness through sports. DSUSA
serves more than 60,000 wounded warriors, youth and adults annually,
making it one of the largest national multi-sport, multi-disability
organizations in the United States. Our club has supported the
organization for many years. Individual donations are accepted through
Local Ski Resorts
Here's the link to an article on the benefits of helmets in helping to prevent traumatic brain injuries.
Its focus is on bicycling, but it should be applicable to skiing:
- Glade – Makes and sells goggles, sunglasses, and apparel. Their Pulsar goggles have interchangeable lenses
(all are polarized) which use a magnetic bond between the lens and frame. "You can swap between lenses in seconds." Asked about staying attached in a "yard sale" situation, they answered: We get this question a lot! This was something we tested endlessly. We ended up going with a design that has seriously robust magnets. It really takes a ton of force to knock them off. We're so confident in this that we have a lens replacement guarantee. We have yet to have any returns or issues due to the lens attachment system. The goggles are assembled in Colorado. Enter the discount code PENTAGONSKICLUB at checkout and you'll get 15% off anything you buy.
- Tognar Toolworks – Ski & snowboard wax, tuning tools, and ski repair supplies. Club members have reported satisfaction ordering from them.
Lift Ticket Deals - Note that these were for the 2018-19 ski season and have not been updated.
- New Hampshire's Attitash Mountain and Wildcat Mountain resorts are offering several incentives this winter to encourage ski club members to visit. Check out their flyer offering PSC members 3 Ways to Save including:
- Deeply discounted lift ticket rates during three Ski Club Appreciation weekends in 2019: January 3-6, February 8-10, and March 15-17
- A walk-up discount rate allowing club members to buy lift tickets at a discount any day.
lift tickets online. The flyer includes a log-in code that will let us buy tickets at a discount up to
midnight prior to our arrival day.
You can obtain the discounted rates right at the ticket window (first two options above) by simply showing your Pentagon Ski Club membership card and a photo ID. Note: You can print your own membership card right from your PSC profile page after logging-in with your credentials (email address and password).
- Ship Skis is a door-to-door ski gear shipping company that picks up and ship skis, snowboards, and luggage to destinations worldwide. They provide real-time tracking, 24/7 customer service, and an on-time guarantee. Click the link to see their Ski Club Member Benefits flyer. The PSC's customized "landing page" includes a 10% discount from the standard rates. Click this link to see some sample rate quotes.
Ski Clubs & Councils, Tour Operators
Local Ski Shops
We're providing a link to a number of local-area merchants. Some of these shops have supported club meetings or have received specific endorsements from club members who have enjoyed professional sales and service from them.
- Alpine Ski Shop – In Sterling and Fairfax, VA.
- Pro-Fit Ski & Mountain Sports in Leesburg, VA. Especially recommended for boot fitting. PSC members have dealt with the owners, Nancy and Brian Deely, for years. The shop has made presentations at several club meetings. Pro-Fit's Inside Ski Training Center, which opened in November 2017, has brought year-round indoor skiing and snowboarding to their shop. Indoor skiing on their infinite slope can improve your skill level and ski fitness to get you ready for your big trip. A one-hour lesson is equal to a full day on snow!
- Ski Chalet – Locations in Falls Church, VA; Chantilly, VA; and Gaithersburg, MD. The shop has supported our club meetings.
- Ski Haus Sports Center – In Annapolis, MD, on the access road, north side of Route 50.
The club is listed on this website. We are providing a reciprocal link as a courtesy.
- DCSki – An independent on-line publication covering outdoor recreation in the Washington, D.C. region. Focuses on skiing and snowboarding. In the summer, DCSki covers activities such as mountain biking and hiking. Click to look at the PSC listing on their site.