Tuesday, October 12th
Register To Attend by Tues Oct 5!
Everything's a "go" for holding our next meeting on Tuesday, October 12, 7:00pm at Ft. Myer's Patton Hall (same location as always; formerly known as the Officers Club). We'll be back in the Abrams/Chaffee rooms on the 2nd floor.
Most of the evening will be dedicated to a review of our upcoming trips. We still have room on many, but they are filling up fast. Our trip leaders will be available to answer your questions. Visit our Trips Page to see what's on our schedule.
Our complimentary Oktoberfest menu will feature an assortment of German sausages with sauerkraut, potato pancakes with applesauce, and German Chocolate Cake for dessert. A cash bar will be available for the beverages of your choice.
As we did with the September meeting, we're asking everyone to register to attend. This will allow us to adjust the catering. Please try to register by Tuesday, October 5 - just a week before the meeting. If you can't decide by then, no worries; go ahead and register for the meeting any time after Oct 5. We'll be glad to have you join us!
Bringing a Guest?
If you plan to come to the meeting with someone else, there are two ways to let us know:
- If your companion is a club member in their own right, they can log in with their credentials and register for the meeting much as they would do if signing up for a trip.
- Whether your companion is a club member or not, you can simply include them in your own meeting registration by clicking on the Add guest button before submitting your registration.
Patton Hall doesn't appear to have a mandate in effect, but the prevailing Covid environment suggests that you should come prepared to mask-up indoors, perhaps as a personal choice.
If Your Plans Change
If your plans change and you can no longer attend, please let us know (ideally by Tuesday, Oct 5) so we can adjust our catering order. You may do this by:
- Calling (703-862-6535) or emailing Steve Thompson
- Calling (301-579-2749) or emailing Dave Olsen
- Cancelling your registration yourself:
- log into your account
- click on your name at the top
- click on My Event Registrations
- click on your meeting registration
- click on the Already registered link
- click on the Cancel registration button
Ft. Myer Entry Passes
You may recall that we offered an opportunity, when signing up for our September meeting, to be sponsored for obtaining a long-term (1-year) Ft. Myer visitor pass. We anticipate being able to repeat that opportunity on a quarterly basis (thus as part of the registration process for our December 14, 2021 club meeting). But not at this time.
Entry to Ft. Myer
Please take a moment to review our Entry to Ft. Myer page. There are several ways you'll be allowed to enter:
- Passengers: Firstly, be aware that drivers won't necessarily be allowed to vouch for their passengers. Although a photo ID like a driver's license might sometimes be accepted, passengers without an Automated Installation Entry (AIE) Pass (see below) or one of the other types of ID mentioned below might need to complete a Installation Access Request Form and pass the vetting process to enter the base.
- With Suitable ID: If you have an active duty or retired military ID, or a DoD-issued Common Access Card (CAC) (and possibly several other types of government-issued ID), you should be able to enter the base without screening.
- Without a Pass: If you arrive for a club meeting outside of Visitor Control Center (VCC) hours (see below) and without suitable ID, your vehicle will be searched and you'll need to be vetted through their security system before being allowed entry. This may take some time, so we suggest that you arrive at the base early.
- One-Day Pass: You can apply for a one-day pass online at this website (click on the link). You can then show the pass on your phone to gain entry. However, application must be submitted at least four days in advance of your visit. The process time may depend on your footprint in various online systems, and you may need to go to the VCC to have your photo taken. That said, your application might be approved almost instantaneously if you've previously been approved for an AIE Pass.
- 60-Day Pass: You may apply for a 60-day pass at the Visitor Control Center, located just inside the main gate. The VCC is open 6am-5pm Mon-Fri and 10am-3pm Saturdays. You should be able to obtain a 60-day Automated Installation Entry (AIE) Pass right on the spot.
You will need to complete an access application and be vetted through their security system. To help speed the process, we suggest that you complete the Fort Myer Installation Access Request Form ahead of your visit and bring it with you.
- Long-Term/Annual Pass: With sponsorship by Patton Hall, you may be able to get an AIE Pass good for as long as a year. As mentioned above, we anticipate offering another opportunity for obtaining an annual pass in conjunction with our December 14, 2021 club meeting. But not at this time.