Tuesday, September 6th
Register to Attend by Monday Aug 29
Everything's a "go" for holding our next meeting on Tuesday, September 6, 7:00pm at Ft. Myer's Patton Hall (same location as always). We'll be in our normal location of the Abrams/Chaffee rooms on the 2nd floor.
Most of the evening will be dedicated to a review of our upcoming trips. We still have room on many, but they are filling up fast. Our trip leaders will be available to answer your questions. Visit our Trips Page to see what's on our schedule.
Our complimentary menu will feature Honey Glazed Ham, Slow Roasted Beef Brisket, Roasted Potatoes, a fruit tray, Mixed Green and Caesar Salads, and Assorted Baked Cookies for dessert. A cash bar will be available for the beverages of your choice.
We're asking everyone to register to attend by Monday, August 29 – just a week before the meeting – so we can adjust the catering.
Covid-19 vaccination is a requirement for attending club meetings and trips. This is for everyone's safety and comfort level. We will not be asking for proof of vaccination, but please do not register for or attend the meeting unless you are fully vaccinated. Booster shots are of course also recommended and encouraged.
Bringing a Guest?
If you plan to come to the meeting with someone else, there are two ways to let us know:
- If your companion is a club member in their own right, they can log in with their credentials and register for the meeting much as they would do if signing up for a trip.
- Whether your companion is a club member or not, you can simply include them in your own meeting registration by clicking on the Add guest button before submitting your registration.
If Your Plans Change
If your plans change and you can no longer attend, please let us know (ideally by Tuesday, Oct 5) so we can adjust our catering order. You may do this by:
- Calling (703-862-6535) or emailing Steve Thompson
- Calling (301-579-2749) or emailing Dave Olsen
- Cancelling your registration yourself:
- log into your account
- click on your name at the top
- click on My Event Registrations
- click on your meeting registration
- click on the Already registered link
- click on the Cancel registration button
Ft. Myer Entry Passes
You may recall that we offered an opportunity, when signing up for our picnic (and for several previous monthly meetings), to be sponsored for obtaining a long-term (1-year) Ft. Myer visitor pass. We anticipate being able to repeat that opportunity on a quarterly basis, thus as part of the registration process for our October 11, 2022 club meeting. But not at this time.
Entry to Ft. Myer
Please take a moment to review our Entry to Ft. Myer page. There are several ways you'll be allowed to enter:
- Passengers: Firstly, be aware that drivers won't necessarily be allowed to vouch for their passengers. Although a photo ID like a driver's license might sometimes be accepted, passengers without an Automated Installation Entry (AIE) Pass (see below) or one of the other types of ID mentioned below might need to complete a Installation Access Request Form and pass the vetting process to enter the base.
- With Suitable ID: If you have an active duty or retired military ID, or a DoD-issued Common Access Card (CAC) (and possibly several other types of government-issued ID), you should be able to enter the base without screening.
- Without a Pass: If you arrive for a club meeting outside of Visitor Control Center (VCC) hours (see below) and without suitable ID, your vehicle will be searched and you'll need to be vetted through their security system before being allowed entry. This may take some time, so we suggest that you arrive at the base early.
- One-Day Pass: You can apply for a one-day pass online at this website (click on the link). You can then show the pass on your phone to gain entry. However, application must be submitted at least four days in advance of your visit. The process time may depend on your footprint in various online systems, and you may need to go to the VCC to have your photo taken. That said, your application might be approved almost instantaneously if you've previously been approved for an AIE Pass.
- 60-Day Pass: You may apply for a 60-day pass at the Visitor Control Center, located just inside the main gate. The VCC is open 6am-5pm Mon-Fri and 10am-3pm Saturdays. You should be able to obtain a 60-day Automated Installation Entry (AIE) Pass right on the spot.
You will need to complete an access application and be vetted through their security system. To help speed the process, we suggest that you complete the Fort Myer Installation Access Request Form ahead of your visit and bring it with you.
- Long-Term/Annual Pass: With sponsorship by Patton Hall, you may be able to get an AIE Pass good for as long as a year. As mentioned above, we anticipate offering another opportunity for obtaining an annual pass in conjunction with our October 11, 2022 club meeting. But not at this time.