Trip is Waitlisted. Register for the waitlist if you are interested in going, as we may have some cancellations.
SOUTHERN AFRICA SAFARI - AUG 23 - SEPT 10, 2022
Optional Post-Trip Extension to Cape Town
Sept 10-14, 2022
Botswana: Chobe, Okavango Delta
Zambia: Kafue or Mosi-oa-Tunya
Zimbabwe: Hwange, Victoria Falls
COUNTRIES: 3 NATIONAL PARKS: 3 DAYS: 17
12 NIGHTS IN TENTED CAMPS AND LODGES
UP TO 19 GAME-VIEWING EXCURSIONS
Check out the trip details on the OAT website. This is just for the details of this trip; not for our dates and cost. If you have any questions, contact the trip leader, Christina Anderson (see contact info below).
How To Register: Once you decide to go on the trip, you must call OAT at 800-955-1925 and provide the Group Code - G2-29241. Be sure to confirm the trip dates and request the "Travel Again" discount of $500 that is good through the end of September (more details below). All trip payments must be made directly to OAT. Be sure to also register for the trip on the PSC website after you are confirmed on the trip with OAT.
If the Trip is Full: Click the link to Join Waitlist so we know that you are interested in going if space opens up.
- Base Tour: $6895 per person
- Airfare from Dulles (IAD): $1700 per person
(please call for pricing from different US cities)
- Optional Cape Town Post-Trip extension: $1395 per person
- See www.gct.com/tpp for details on the optional Travel Protection coverage
The deposit is $350 per person, with a cancellation fee of $300, but no fee when you do a future trip with OAT. Pay your deposit by electronic check to avoid a processing fee.
Unbeatable Value: Save up to $1,483 per person when you reserve by 9/30/20. With limited-time savings of $500 per person (September 30, 2020) and a FULL 10% off the total price of your trip with our Good Buy Plan (a value that ranges from $339-$983), paid by May 2021, travel at the lowest price and per diems in the industry.
From the OAT website:
Join us for a wealth of unforgettable experiences on an adventure 93% of our travelers rated excellent. Majestic elephants congregate around a waterhole in the depths of the wilderness ... members of a village near Hwange National Park welcome your small group ... the spray of Victoria Falls roars in the distance ... you and your travel companions exchange stories around a fire under a star-filled African sky. In the morning, you wake to the birdsong emanating from nearby trees—and begin another day on the safari of your dreams.
On this adventure, we’ll spend 12 nights in small lodges and tented camps. Enjoy up to 19 game-viewing drives with our sharp-eyed Trip Experience Leaders and expert, naturalist driver-guides; individual interactions in remote villages due to our small group size of just 16 travelers; flights via bush plane over the legendary African landscape. From world-famous Chobe National Park to the majestic Okavango Delta, and big game to local cultures—this safari has it all. And whenever you’d like, you have the freedom to explore more of Africa on your own: Break off from the group for independent discoveries—like enjoying dinner in Victoria Falls while listening to a live township jazz band at Mama Africa—during free time.
Physical requirements: During game-viewing excursions, we’ll travel over bumpy, dusty terrain and occasionally go off-roading in the bush, as well as walk on sandy, uneven terrain in the Okavango Delta and at our camps.
· DAY 1 Depart U.S.
· DAY 2 Arrive in Johannesburg, South Africa
· DAY 3 Fly to Victoria Falls • Transfer to Hwange National Park • Game-viewing drive
· DAY 4 Explore Hwange National Park • Morning & Afternoon Game-Viewing Drives
· DAY 5 A Day in the Life of a Hwange Community • Afternoon game viewing in Hwange National Park
· DAY 6 Overland to Livingstone • Fly to Kafue, Zambia • Game-viewing drive
· DAY 7 Explore Kafue National Park
· DAY 8 Explore Kafue National Park
· DAY 9 Fly to Livingstone • Transfer to Chobe National Park • Game-viewing drive
· DAY 10 Explore Chobe National Park
· DAY 11 Explore Chobe National Park
· DAY 12 Fly to the Okavango Delta • Game-viewing drives
· DAY 13 Explore Okavango Delta
· DAY 14 Explore Okavango Delta • Game-viewing drives
· DAY 15 Fly to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
· DAY 16 Explore Victoria Falls • Optional Tours • Local interactions
Helicopter ride over Victoria Falls - $150/person
Join us for a flight over Victoria Falls, and appreciate the “smoke that thunders” from a whole new angle. Aboard a four- or six-passenger helicopter, your experienced pilot will treat you to a bird’s-eye view of majestic Victoria Falls, the wide Zambezi River, and the zigzag-shaped gorges below. This is the best way to see such vast, impressive landscapes—as Dr. David Livingstone said himself, the falls are “so lovely they must have been gazed upon by angels in their flight.” Please note: There is a national park fee of U.S. $15 in addition to the price of this tour.
· DAY 17 Return to U.S. or begin your optional trip extension
Optional Post-Trip: South Africa: Cape Town & the Cape of Good Hope
With Table Mountain as its backdrop, idyllic Cape of Good Hope to the south, penguin-filled Boulders Beach, a bevy of bays at its feet, and the lushest foliage this side of paradise, Cape Town arguably occupies one of the most spectacular natural settings on Earth. Here is your chance to revel in it—and discover the distinct contrast of the cosmopolitan heart of Cape Town and the natural wonders that surround it. As you explore, you’ll witness the amazing social transformation of the “Rainbow Nation.” Dine with locals and experience the diversity of Cape Town and the Cape of Good Hope, on a trip extension.
Trip Insurance: Every participant should buy some type of travel insurance for the trip. Possible options include the following:
- Emergency medical, evacuation & repatriation insurance (not cancellation insurance) is available for an affordable $25 premium from Myra Altschuler of Travel Protectors, Inc. (Option One as described on this link). Note that this is not cancellation coverage and will not provide any relief if you have to cancel from the trip before it begins, whether for medical or other reasons.
- You may upgrade your coverage from Myra to include cancellation coverage:
- The “Standard” cancellation coverage (Option Two in the flyer) provides benefits at 100% if you need to cancel from the trip for a “standard” reason.
- The costlier "Cancel for Any Reason" (CFAR) coverage (Option Three in the flyer) provides benefits at 75% if you need to cancel from the trip for a “non-standard” reason. It must be purchased within 14 days of paying your initial deposit on the trip. You would need the CFAR option to be covered for cancellation due to COVID-19 or any other outbreak.
- CFAR coverage is also available through OAT as described on this link. It provides benefits at 100%.
- You would be reimbursed in cash for certain "Covered” cancellation reasons.
- With a cancellation for other than a "Covered” reason, you would receive a voucher for a new reservation from OAT.
We suggest that you carefully compare plans before purchase. Coverage for pre-existing conditions can be especially tricky:
- With Myra’s insurance, if you have a pre-existing medical condition, it can be waived if you purchase coverage before you pay your final trip payment.
- With the OAT insurance, if you purchase coverage within 10 days of making your initial deposit/payment for your trip, your pre-existing medical condition would qualify for cash reimbursement. If you purchase coverage after that, you would receive a voucher for a future trip instead of cash.
5502 Maplefield Place
Alexandria, VA 22310
(703) 719-6714 (h)
(703) 489-6171 (c)