Tuesday, March 8th
Register To Attend by Tues Mar 1
Our December meeting will be on Tuesday, March 8, 7:00 pm at Ft. Myer's Patton Hall (same location as always; formerly known as the Officers Club).
The evening will feature a St. Patrick's Day theme. Wear a bit o' the green and you may be lucky in the Ski Lotto! Our complimentary menu will include corned beef & cabbage, roasted red potatoes, mixed vegetables, and tea cookies. A cash bar will be available for the drinks of your choice.
As has now become the norm, we're asking everyone to register to attend. This will allow us to adjust the catering, and to offer another opportunity for you to apply for a long-term (1-year) Ft. Myer Visitor Pass (see below). You must register by Tuesday, March 1, to be sponsored for a pass.
Our leadership Council has decided to establish a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for club meetings. This is for everyone's safety and comfort level. We will not be asking for proof of vaccination, but please do not register for or attend the meeting unless you are fully vaccinated. Booster shots are of course also recommended and encouraged.
If you haven't registered by March 1, no worries:
- Go ahead and register for the meeting any time after March 1, but we won't be able to include you on the pass-sponsorship list (see below).
- If you decide to come at the last minute and don't have a chance to register, by all means come and join us.
Bringing a Guest?
If you plan to come to the meeting with someone else, there are two ways to let us know:
- If your companion is a club member in their own right, they can log in with their credentials and register for the meeting much as they would do if signing up for a trip.
- Whether your companion is a club member or not, you can simply include them in your own meeting registration by clicking on the Add guest button before submitting your registration.
If Your Plans Change
If your plans change and you can no longer attend, please let us know (ideally by Tuesday, March 1) so we can adjust our catering order. You may do this by:
- Calling (301-579-2749) or emailing Dave Olsen
- Cancelling your registration yourself:
- log into your account
- click on your name at the top
- click on My Event Registrations
- click on your meeting registration
- click on the Already registered link
- click on the Cancel registration button
Entry to Ft. Myer
Please take a moment to review our Entry to Ft. Myer page. There are several ways you'll be allowed to enter:
- Passengers: Firstly, be aware that drivers won't necessarily be allowed to vouch for their passengers. Although a photo ID like a driver's license might sometimes be accepted, passengers without an Automated Installation Entry (AIE) Pass (see below) or one of the other types of ID mentioned below might need to complete a Installation Access Request Form and pass the vetting process to enter the base.
- With Suitable ID: If you have an active duty or retired military ID, or a DoD-issued Common Access Card (CAC) (and possibly several other types of government-issued ID), you should be able to enter the base without screening.
- Without a Pass: If you arrive for a club meeting outside of Visitor Control Center (VCC) hours (see below) and without suitable ID, your vehicle will be searched and you'll need to be vetted through their security system before being allowed entry. This may take some time, so we suggest that you arrive at the base early.
- One-Day Pass: You can apply for a one-day pass online at this website (click on the link). You can then show the pass on your phone to gain entry. However, application must be submitted at least four days in advance of your visit. The process time may depend on your footprint in various online systems, and you may need to go to the VCC to have your photo taken. That said, your application might be approved almost instantaneously if you've previously been approved for an AIE Pass.
- 60-Day Pass: You may apply for a 60-day pass at the Visitor Control Center, located just inside the main gate. The VCC is open 6am-5pm Mon-Fri and 10am-3pm Saturdays. You should be able to obtain a 60-day Automated Installation Entry (AIE) Pass right on the spot.
You will need to complete an access application and be vetted through their security system. To help speed the process, we suggest that you complete the Fort Myer Installation Access Request Form ahead of your visit and bring it with you.
- Long-Term/Annual Pass: With sponsorship by Patton Hall, you may be able to get an AIE Pass good for as long as a year. Here's how it should work:
- Register for the meeting by Tuesday March 1, and indicate your desire to obtain a long-term pass.
- We'll then ask our contact at Patton Hall to sponsor you for a pass.
- We'll send you an email (on or about March 2) confirming that your name has been forwarded, and that you can go to the VCC to apply for your pass.
- Go to Ft. Myer during normal VCC hours (6am-5pm Mon-Fri and 10am-3pm Saturdays) sometime before the meeting.
- We suggest you go to the VCC well before the meeting to avoid slamming them that afternoon.
- When you arrive at the VCC, tell them that you're part of the Pentagon Ski Club group that is being sponsored by Ms. Hollo at Patton Hall. They'll have pre-printed Installation Access Request Forms with Ms. Hollo's sponsorship. All you'll need to do is present your driver's license and complete the form with your DOB and SSN.
- If the process works as before, and assuming you pass their vetting process, you should be able to get a year-long pass during your visit to the VCC.