General Membership Meeting
Tuesday, March 12th
Register to Attend by Monday, March 4
Our March meeting will be on Tuesday, March 12th, 7:00pm at Ft. Myer's Patton Hall (same location as always). The evening will feature a "Trivia Ski Pursuit" game, pitting the tables against each other, with prizes for the winning tables.
The evening will have a St. Patrick's Day theme. Wear a bit o' the green and you may be lucky in the Ski Lotto! Our complimentary menu (to be confirmed) will include corned beef & cabbage, roasted red potatoes, mixed vegetables, and cookies for dessert. A cash bar will be available for the beverages of your choice.
We're continuing to require Covid-19 vaccinations for club meetings, as well as for club trips. This is for everyone's safety and comfort level. We will not be asking for proof of vaccination, but please do not register for or attend the meeting (or sign up for a trip) unless you are fully vaccinated. Booster shots are of course also recommended and encouraged.
We're asking everyone to register to attend – by Monday, March 6th (just a week before the meeting) – so we can adjust the catering.
Bringing a Guest?
If you plan to come to the meeting with someone else, there are two ways to let us know:
- If your companion is a club member in their own right, they can log in with their credentials and register for the meeting much as they would do if signing up for a trip.
- Whether your companion is a club member or not, you can simply include them in your own meeting registration by clicking on the Add guest button before submitting your registration.
If Your Plans Change
If your plans change and you can no longer attend, please let us know (ideally by Monday, March 4th) so we can adjust our catering order. You may do this by:
- Calling (301-579-2749) or emailing Dave Olsen
- Cancelling your registration yourself:
- log into your account
- click on your name at the top
- click on My Event Registrations
- click on your meeting registration
- click on the Already registered link
- click on the Cancel registration button
Ft. Myer Entry Passes
You may recall that we offered an opportunity when signing up for our picnic, and most recently for our (unfortunately, cancelled) January 2024 meeting, to be sponsored for obtaining a long-term (1-year) Ft. Myer visitor pass. We anticipate being able to repeat that opportunity on a quarterly basis. The next opportunity will be in conjunction with our April 9, 2024 club meeting. But not at this time.
Entry to Ft. Myer
Please take a moment to review our Entry to Ft. Myer page. There are several ways you'll be allowed to enter:
- Passengers: Firstly, be aware that drivers won't necessarily be allowed to vouch for their passengers. Although a photo ID like a driver's license might sometimes be accepted, passengers without an Automated Installation Entry (AIE) Pass (see below) or one of the other types of ID mentioned below might need to complete a Installation Access Request Form and pass the vetting process to enter the base.
- With Suitable ID: If you have an active duty or retired military ID, or a DoD-issued Common Access Card (CAC) (and possibly several other types of government-issued ID), you should be able to enter the base without screening.
- Without a Pass: If you arrive for a club meeting outside of Visitor Control Center (VCC) hours (see below) and without suitable ID, your vehicle will be searched and you'll need to be vetted through their security system before being allowed entry. This may take some time, so we suggest that you arrive at the base early.
- One-Day Pass: You can apply for a one-day pass online at this website (click on the link). You can then show the pass on your phone to gain entry. However, application must be submitted at least four days in advance of your visit. The process time may depend on your footprint in various online systems, and you may need to go to the VCC to have your photo taken. That said, your application might be approved almost instantaneously if you've previously been approved for an AIE Pass.
- 60-Day Pass: You may apply for a 60-day pass at the Visitor Control Center, located just inside the main gate. The VCC is open 6am-5pm Mon-Fri and 10am-3pm Saturdays. You should be able to obtain a 60-day Automated Installation Entry (AIE) Pass right on the spot.
You will need to complete an access application and be vetted through their security system. To help speed the process, we suggest that you complete the Fort Myer Installation Access Request Form ahead of your visit and bring it with you.
- Long-Term/Annual Pass: With sponsorship by Patton Hall, you may be able to get an AIE Pass good for as long as a year. As mentioned above, we anticipate offering another opportunity for obtaining an annual pass in conjunction with our planned April 9, 2024 club meeting, but not at this time.